Rick Broadway Pty Ltd T/As 212m
P 03 5332 7746
M 0419 318 471
Open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.00pm; Weekends & Public Holidays by Appointment
212 Mair Street Ballarat has been transformed into a brand new 2 storey Photographic Gallery & Studio and fills a niche in the Ballarat CBD offering for sale the photographic works by resident photographer Rick Broadway.
After 5 years of extensive travel throughout much of Australia, clocking up in excess of 70,000km and taking in excess of 20,000 photographs, Rick has built up an impressive catalogue of digital images which have now been released to the public. These include Limited Edition landscapes, Australian birds and native fauna, Australian terrestrial orchids and a significant number of digital photographs capturing the well preserved, historic buildings and streetscapes in Ballarat and surrounding towns.
Whilst traditional photographic techniques continue to be the backbone of Rick's photography, the addition of modern photo-editing enhancements have been mastered to bring his images to life.
According to Rick, understanding the limitations of the camera being used, and not just its strengths, is a critical component when considering how to take the photograph that your mind sees at that time and then be able to reproduce your vision on the computer or as a print at a later date.
Self taught over many years, taking thousands of photographs using a myriad of cameras, Rick now uses a Hasselblad medium format digital camera, the H4D50c model, for the bulk of his work; preferring to use a Canon and a 100-400mm L Series lens for bird photography. "The beauty of the Hasselblad, a 50 Megapixel digital camera, is undoubtedly its ability to capture minute detail and true colour under all circumstances", says Rick. "That's why I love to use it."
Rick and his Hasselblad are also available for Portraits, Model Portfolio, Weddings, Events and Commercial Photography.
In addition to featuring Rick's work, 212m offers a range of other services. These include the following:
1. A 6m x 8m Photographic Studio, a 6m x 6m Studio and a 6m x 3m Studio, all with or without lighting and other specialist equipment, that are available to hire for 2-hour, 4-hour or 8-hour bookings. Whether you are a professional photographer, student or keen amateur photographer who just wants to try a studio shoot, there is an option that suits.
2. The whole Gallery space is available for Event Hire eg. product launch, corporate meeting, club event or private function. With 2 kitchens, espresso coffee facilities, sound system with microphone override, 4 bathrooms and a beautiful array of high quality photographs this beautiful space makes a wonderful venue.
3. Have your own images printed on archival paper or canvas using our Epson Pro 9900 large format printer - the same one that is used to print all of the photographs hanging in the gallery. You tell us how big you would like it printed and we will tell you whether or not it will work - before we print it.
4. Once printed by us, or even if you have it printed elsewhere, 212m offers a framing service (photographs only) using Conservation Standard materials (mat board, foam board, Tru Vue glass, ...) and techniques to ensure your printed image stands the test of time for many years to come.
5. Whether on your own or with a group of friends, relax and enjoy a coffee, one of our huge range of specialist Teas or a cold drink whilst having a chat about photography, reading one of the many photographic books on display or simply soaking up the gallery atmosphere.
Visit the portfolio for examples of the Ballarat & District photographs on display, or go to rickbroadway to view his portfolio of Australian Landscapes, fauna and flora or contact us to discuss your requirements.